As a Technical Lead in the Engineering organization, this position leads and provides hands on contribution within a team of local and nearshore software engineers building high availability services used to power our SaaS applications. Candidates must have a proven record developing and leading teams building enterprise-grade applications and have deep technical skills. The Lead Software Engineer must be comfortable working in an agile environment and have a history of solving complex problems with elegance in simplicity.
- Oversee planning and execution for a team delivering high volume, high availability services supporting millions of transactions per day for our always-on SaaS product.
- Lead and provide hands-on contributions within a team of onshore and nearshore software developers and test engineers.
- Develop and apply state-of-the-art methods to the creation, design and development of complex programs, applications and projects.
- Collaborate effectively within a cross-functional organization to prioritize, scope and communicate progress of deliverables.
- Promote and implement best practices, based on Agile standards.
- Serve as point of escalation with internal and external customers as necessary to resolve issues.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline required.
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of performance optimization, scalability, and application of design patterns supporting high availability services
- Ability to contribute to parallel projects spread across multiple development teams
- Outstanding technical skills, time management, communication and ability to work independently
- Exposure to working with mobile apps on both Android and iOS platform
- Experience designing, developing, and delivering software at an enterprise scale
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Experience within a CI/CD environment
- Desirable Skills
- Java development skills
- Container based development/deployment
- Passion for technology and positive impact to the company’s bottom line
- Ability to design scalable, microservice-based software solutions to solve complex business problems
- Ability to understand the design and independently work on implementation of software components within the larger platform
- Outstanding collaboration, time management, communication skills as well as ability to work independently
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Working Environment and Physical Demands
- Must be capable of working on a computer for prolonged periods of time (e.g., 8 or more hours)
naviHealth is improving the healthcare experience for seniors to live more fulfilling lives. For nearly a decade, naviHealth has been a trusted partner for the nation’s top health plans, health systems, and at-risk physician groups navigating the shift from volume to value. Powered by a predictive technology and decision support platform that provides clinicians and care teams with evidence-based protocols, naviHealth’s high-touch, proven care model fully supports patients from pre-acute through to the home. With naviHealth, patients can enjoy more days at home, and healthcare providers and health plans can significantly reduce costs specific to unnecessary care and readmissions. For more information about naviHealth, visit navihealth.com.
Improving the healthcare experience for seniors to live a more fulfilling life
Rooted in respect
Guided by purpose
Devoted to service
Energized by impact
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by colleagues assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. naviHealth reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
naviHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.