The naviHealth Care Management (CM) Platform team is looking to hire for a senior-level engineer with strong AI/ML engineering experience who wants to be a part of driving our automation and digital transformation. You will be a part of a team of engineers driving innovation and providing technical direction that will be at the core of our digital first strategy.
As a Lead Machine Learning Engineer you will be a key contributor in creating and evolving our automation and decision support platform, developing data integrations and services, AI/ML powered recommendation services and NLP search. This is a full stack engineer role working in a product development team. The ideal candidate while focusing on AI/ML engineering tasks should be able to participate in all aspects of the product development activities especially in areas of data integrations, data ingestion, and data mining.
- Lead end-to-end implementation of AI/ML powered platform features and capabilities
- Collaborate with naviHealth data science and data analytics initiatives in conducting hands-on data analysis, predictive analytics, and ML model enablement in the platform
- Mentor and work alongside other ML Engineers and Software Engineers on various data acquisition, data preparation, ML model management and other ML engineering tasks
- Assist with building scalable, fault-tolerant batch and real-time data ingestion pipelines, data transformation and data mining jobs on as needed basis
- Lead decision support and platform innovation by identifying and driving new AI/ML based product features
- Set technical direction and provide guidance and coaching to junior ML engineers, data scientists, and data analysts
- Own and assist with incident and problem management
- Collaborate with the rest of the agile team at daily stand ups and other agile product development practices
- Travel requirements: Up to 10% travel as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related discipline (Engineering, Mathematics), Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in software and/or ML engineering
- Minimum 7 years of work experience with the following
- Experience with professional software development with demonstrated progression and positive career growth (C#, Java, or Python)
- Professional experience developing analytics with machine learning, deep learning, NLP, and/or other related modeling techniques
- Experience applying computational algorithms and statistical methods to structured and unstructured data
- Familiarity with data engineering, building and using data pipelines, APIs, and integrations
- Aptitude and ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Working knowledge of data streaming using Kafka
- Experience with relational or NoSQL databases
- Experience with data modeling, data schemas
- Experience with big data, data mining strategies
- Experience with creating and consuming RESTful API services
- Experience with delivering ML features in a CI/CD environment
- Experience documenting technology-based solutions
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is preferred
- Experience with NLP tools (Health Discovery, SpaCy, TensorFlow) is preferred
- Experience with ML training approaches (deep learning, interference) is preferred
- Experience with cloud-based deployments and ML capabilities is preferred
- Healthcare experience is preferred
naviHealth is improving the healthcare experience for seniors to live more fulfilling lives. For nearly a decade, naviHealth has been a trusted partner for the nation’s top health plans, health systems, and at-risk physician groups navigating the shift from volume to value. Powered by a predictive technology and decision support platform that provides clinicians and care teams with evidence-based protocols, naviHealth’s high-touch, proven care model fully supports patients from pre-acute through to the home. With naviHealth, patients can enjoy more days at home, and healthcare providers and health plans can significantly reduce costs specific to unnecessary care and readmissions. For more information about naviHealth, visit navihealth.com.
Improving the healthcare experience for seniors to live a more fulfilling life
Rooted in respect
Guided by purpose
Devoted to service
Energized by impact
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by colleagues assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. naviHealth reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
naviHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.